Terms & Conditions
Shopping @ electrocentre.co.uk
- The content of this site is based on sources that we can consider as reliable, but for which we cannot guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality. The shown information (specifications, prices, ...) should be considered as a indication and can be changed at any moment and without any prior notice.
- All our prices are inclusive of VAT. Our Vat number is 112 7080 11.
- Please note that all calls made to and from us are recorded for service and training purposes.
- A purchase receipt is provided with every order upon delivery, If you do not receive one please inform us within 3 working days and we will issue a duplicate copy. After this period we will not issue any receipts in any case, so please keep your receipt safe as you will require this for warranty purposes.
- All orders placed after 3pm will be processed the next working day and the order will be dated as such.*
*This includes all special offers, discounts and/or vouchers.
- You can order products displayed on this website on-line or by phoning us on 0121 554 1878, alternatively send us a fax on 0121 523 2426.
- If your parcel has been collected by our couriers and you wish to cancel the order we require a email and phone call to stop the delivery.
- Should a product be listed with a incorrect price or information, either due to a typographical error or as a result of a error in pricing information given to us by either a manufacturer or supplier, we reserve the right to refuse or cancel the order.
- We shall rectify all errors as quickly as they come to our attention and offer to refund in full if any payment has been taken.
- If a product becomes over sold after you have placed the order we shall contact and inform you, giving you the option to cancel and receive a full refund.
- We will inform you of this error and offer you the option to cancel the order, Should your credit card have been debited before the error has been noted we will arrange a refund of all monies to the value of the incorrect price and delivery charges where applicable.
- If you wish to cancel an order before it has been dispatched we must receive a telephone call and a email for our records,after which we shall apply refunds back to you within 10-14 working days, this clause does not affect your statutory rights.
- Before purchasing cookers for flats please contact the manufacturer to check compatibility.
- when purchasing free standing products that you wish to put in enclosed spaces, be aware that manufacturers do not measure portruding control knobs or doors, for exact measurements contact manufacturers technical helpline.
- For all side by side or bulky products please check your entrance measurements by adding 3cm on all product measurements to allow for packaging.
- We can only deliver to the card holders registered address to guard against misuse.
- To have your goods delivered to a alternative address payment has to be made by either a cheque or a BACS transfer.(For further details please refer to payment section below)
- Special offers displayed on our website are subject to availability.
- We aim to respond to any email enquiry within 48 working hours.
- W.E.E.E Regulations. Under regulations introduced in July 2007, we as retailers of electronics goods have to offer takeback on your old electronic equipment and waste batteries. If the old products or batteries are returned back to us there shall be no cost involved to you. If you require us to collect goods from you there will be charges applicable, for prices contact our offices. Please ensure that your old kitchen appliance or TV is disconnected, ready for collection outside your property when we deliver your new one. Please note once a collection of a old appliance has been booked and the goods are out for delivery we cannot cancel the collection and the charges will be non-refundable, as we have to pay the courier company for collection.
- What does the wheelie bin with the cross mean ?, the crossed wheelie bin sign is to inform you that the item in question cannot be disposed with your household waste, it must be disposed off safely by contacting your local council services or by logging into websites dealing with disposal of such items.
You can now recycle your old electricals with us.
If you're buying a new electrical item, we will recycle your old one for free however we charge for collecting the item.
Unwanted electrical equipment is the UKs fastest growing type of waste.
Many electrical items can be repaired or recycled, saving natural resources and the enviroment. If you do not recycle, electrical equipment will end up in landfill where hazardous substances will leak out and cause soil and water contamination - harming wildlife and also human health.
What is WEEE?
The Waste Electrical or Electronic Equipment (WEEE) Directive requires countries to maximise separate collection and enviromentally friendly processing of these items. In the UK, distributors (including retailers) must provide a system which allow all customers buying new electrical equipment the oppurtunity to recycle their old items free of charge. Those establishing their own tack back of their old electricals on a like-for-like basis.
Find more information on WEEE recycling, and locate your local recycling centre, at the Recycle Now website.
- You can pay by any of the following methods, Visa -MasterCard -Switch-Maestro- Solo-Visa Delta debit card or Paypal. To ensure that shopping on-line is secure, your credit/debit details will be encrypted to minimize the possibility of someone being able to read your details as they are sent to us over the Internet. We can only deliver to the card registered address, if you wish to have goods delivered to 3rd party addresses then please arrange payment in to our account or send a cheque.
- If payment is made using Paypal and the address comes up as a unconfirmed address we will require a email confirmation from the customer to confirm their purchase and validate their address. Please note that the order will be kept on hold and delivery will be delayed until we receive your email confirmation.
- Make cheques payable to "Electro Centre LTD"
- For Bacs transfer please see details below:
- Company: Electro Centre Limited
- Account No. 80592234
- Sort Code: 20-07-71
- Bank Address: Barclays, Birmingham Colmore Row, P.O. Box 5960 Colmore Row, B3 2EP
IMPORTANT NOTE: Please contact us for a reference number before making any transfers on 0121 554 1878 .
- We DO NOT accept foreign cards. If we receive any orders the transaction amount will be refunded within 10 working days, we will not be responsible for any loss.
- Due to online competition with other retailers, prices change daily to keep our site the best value. If a price is listed on our website, that is the price you pay, if the price changes after you have purchased the goods to a higher or lower price we cannot give you the lower price.
- Store purchases are more expensive than the website price.
- Once goods are returned back to us it will on average take 10 to 14 days for refunds to be processed, but in certain circumstances it can take up to 28 days.
- We can deliver goods to destinations within the UK Mainland Only.
- We DO NOT deliver to KW,BT, IV postcodes and certain areas in Scotland like Highlands, Isles, Outlying areas & Central Scotland may not be covered.
- We aim to deliver small goods, such as DVD players/Camcorders Next Working Day between 9am-5pm (we cannot specify a time). For Next day delivery the cut off time is 3pm.Any orders placed after 3pm will be processed the following day. We cannot be liable for any loss caused to you by late delivery. If the goods are not delivered within the delivery time which we quote for that item, please contact us by telephone or email. We will try and ensure that you receive your order, as quickly as possible.
- All large products such as TVs, fridge freezers & washing machines will be delivered within 1 to 3 working days unless stated otherwise between 7.30am and 7.30pm and you will be informed about the delivery the day before,Please do not count the day you place the order as the first day for delivery period, we cannot be held liable for any losses due to delays in delivery because of vehicle breakdowns or no one in to accept goods.
- All large products ordered for delivery to the Aberdeen,Edinburgh,Glasgow, Cumbria and surrounding areas will be delivered on a Saturday between 6.30am and 8.30pm. Areas such as Somerset e.g. Bridgewater, down south to Devon, Plymouth and Cornwall are most likely to be delivered on a Friday.
- If our couriers cannot deliver your goods due to there being no one to accept them after you have been informed of delivery or in case of refusal to sign for the goods, we will apply deductions for delivery charges.
- Please provide proof of I.D to the driver if requested, as this will ensure that we deliver to the correct person. I.D is asked for your safety and ours when placing an order.
- Please note that all appliances and TVs will be unpacked and photographed on delivery to ensure that goods have been delivered in perfect physical condition which may be used in case of any claims.
- All side by side & large fridge freezers, washing machines, cookers, dishwashers & brown goods are delivered to the ground level doorstep-door-stairs or the gate of the building. If you wish to have the goods delivered inside your premises(ground floor only), it will be strictly at the drivers discretion and judgement to take inside or up and down stairs, this will however be at the customer's own risk and we shall not be liable for any damages that may occur to goods or your property, this also applies to collections.
- Due to washing machines and dishwashers being products that use water, sometimes water and moisture will be apparent inside the machines or on the packaging as these products are tested by the manufacturers
- Please make sure all transit bolts are removed before using your washing machine. If they are not removed, it may cause heavy vibration, noise and malfunction. The warranty will not cover any damage caused due to not removing the transit bolts. Please refer to the installation instructions for further information.
Valid forms of I.D:
- Drivers License
- Utility Bill (For the same address and name)
- Bank Statement
- If you wish to choose finance as your method of payment, your delivery will take approximately 5 working days.
We do not deliver outside the UK mainland. All orders outside the mainland will be cancelled.
Collection from our store
- Please confirm stock levels before starting your journey. We cannot be held responsible if a item goes out of stock, to avoid disappointment please call on the day you wish to collect your prepaid goods.
Warranty & Returns
- All items are sold subject to manufacturers warranty, all goods are covered by a 12 month return to base warranty at your own cost. The warranty does not cover misuse/accidental or otherwise damage to goods, where manufacturers are offering extra warranties you must register the product within 28 days to obtain the extra manufacturers guarantee cover.
- The warranty provided on all items is for domestic use only. Please note if the goods you have purchased are being used for commercial purposes then your warranty will be void. This policy applies to standard manufacturer warranty, extended warranties and any warranty offers.
- Please note that the guarantee provided on used and ex display items is return to base guarantee, meaning the buyer has to return the item back to us at their own expense.
- If your product develops a fault after the first 7 days then please contact the customer service number for the manufacturer, to arrange engineer visit to remedy any faults.
- In the unlikely event of your goods being delivered faulty you must contact us within 7 days following the delivery of your goods. If the goods are damaged or accessories missing you must contact us within 72 hours of the date of delivery to arrange a replacement, this applies to goods that were not inspected at the time of delivery.
- No claims shall be accepted for damage or accessories missing on goods that have been opened and inspected on delivery and signed for in perfect condition with all accessories.
- Goods mishandled or if any accessories are missing cannot be exchanged or credited.
- You are responsible for your own shipping costs when returning goods after the first 7 days of delivery, We will in turn be responsible for the cost of shipping goods back to you.
- Anyone wishing to cancel a order and return goods after the first 7 days and within 28 days of purchase will be dealt with at our discretion.
- We reserve the right to charge a 15% handling fee on any goods returned as faulty after the first 7 days of delivery, Which are found to be in good working order before returning goods back to you.
- Goods that cannot be repaired or replaced after the first 28 days of purchase, shall be refunded in line with the amount of usage the customer has obtained from the product.
- In accordance with the distance selling regulations, orders can be cancelled in writing within 7 working days of delivery if boxed with all original or suitable packaging, in good condition with no damages, if products are returned damaged then we shall apply charges. Please note that the goods have to be sent back at your own cost within 28 days of delivery.
- The cooling of period starts 7 working days after the day on which the goods were delivered not 7 days after purchase.
- The average delivery/collection cost on a small item is £10 and £45 for larger items and this will be deducted from any goods returned within 28 days of delivery unless products are confirmed faulty before giving a refund.
- Delivery/collection cost of white goods starts from £75 one way, customers who return goods within 28 days of delivery will have delivery charges applied unless products are confirmed faulty.
- The average delivery/collection cost on all Plasma and LCDs, 40 inches and above in size, starts from £75 and this shall be deducted from goods returned within 28 days of delivery unless products are confirmed faulty.
- products booked in for repairs on average will take 21-28 days, unless parts are on back order which may take longer.
- Manufacturer Refurbished units are products which have been returned back to the manufacturers for various reasons, ranging from missing accessories to minor faults with the product,Manufacturers authorised engineers check the products and remedy any problems, the manufacturer sells the products on as manufacturer refurbished units with parts and labour guarantee.
- Grade A products are good as new products which have been returned to manufacturers with minor cosmetic defects such as small dent/mark/chip or scratch or packaging was damaged, the products are repackaged graded and sold by manufacturers with full parts and labour guarantees.
If goods are not ready and packaged for collection as agreed,we will apply failed collection charges before arranging another attempt.
- Please be advised that if you purchase equipment from us your name and address will be supplied to the Domestic & General Group of Companies for use by us and Domestic & General for repair protection plan administration and other marketing purposes.
- If you do not wish your information to be used, please write to: the Data Protection Officer at: Domestic & General, Freepost CV2560. Bedworth. Warwickshire. CV12 8BR
Optional Guarantee Purchases
- Estimated arrival for all policies is 6 to 8 weeks, if you do not receive your policy documents within this time frame then please inform us.
- All extra warranties purchased will include the first years manufacturers guarantee period.
- All extra warranties purchased through our establishment can be cancelled within 14 days of purchase via telephone or email.
- All requests for cancellation after this period will incur a handling charge of 20%.
- All cancellations after the first year shall incur charges at the following rate:
- After 6 Months 35%
- After 1 Year 50%
- After 2 Years 65%
- After 3 Years 75%
- After 4 Years 100%
- All DVD players which have been modified to multi region are no longer guaranteed by the manufacturer, however we honour the guarantee for 1 Year (Parts and Labour). Our qualified in house service engineers will provide you with exactly the same service that the manufacturer would (maybe better).
- please make sure that your TV is RGB or NTSC Compatible. TV's without RGB or NTSC compatibility will not play region 1 DVD films in full colour, however region 2 (UK) films will play in full colour.
- Any DVD/Blu-ray players that are modified to multi-region will be unpacked by us to input the multi-region code.
By placing an order with us you agree to adhere and abide by the terms and conditions listed above.